Spring brings warmer weather, longer daylight hours and a sense of renewal. Now is the perfect time to tackle some of your home’s annual maintenance projects and prepare your home for the new season.
- Replace your A/C filter and schedule your A/C to be serviced.
- Redirect ceiling fans counterclockwise to push warm air up.
- Test all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and replace batteries if needed.
- Polish wood furniture and dust light fixtures and A/C vents.
- Vacuum refrigerator coils to prevent the unit from overworking when temperatures rise.
- Clean lint buildup from the clothes dryer exhaust duct, damper and space under the dryer to prevent fires.
- Inspect all seals, caulking and weather stripping around windows, doors and mechanicals. Repair or replace as necessary.
- Check your sinks, shower and bath caulking for deterioration.
- Drain or flush your water heater.
- Clean your gutters by removing any debris, leaves, small tree branches, etc.
- Power-wash exterior surfaces such as windows, doors, siding, driveways, etc.
- Replace any worn or damaged screens.
- Remove insulation from outdoor faucets and check for leaks.
- Activate your sprinkler system and check for leaks, sprinkler head blockage and/or water pressure issues.
- Fertilize your lawn and plan your landscaping.
- Inspect your roof for missing or damaged shingles, and any possible leaks.