A buyer’s first impression is never forgotten and we want a potential home buyer to have a great first impression and to visualize themselves living in your home. That is why we have a professional home stager to help you accomplish that.
A PROFESSIONAL HOME STAGER:
- Creates more attractive living spaces
- Helps sell homes faster with a higher price
- Sets the stage for buyers to visualize it as their home
- Customizes an action plan to your home
A home with too much stuff, is unattractive to buyers. De-clutter and organize as much as you can from cabinets, pantry, closets, table tops, dressers, garage and any other nook and cranny in your home. You have made the commitment to move and now is a perfect time to begin packing infrequently used items. Consider renting a climate-controlled storage space to pack and store extra items and furniture.
Remove your personal and sentimental items so that potential buyers can visualize themselves living in your home. Remember, your decorative style will likely not be the same as potential buyers.
REMOVE THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- Family photos
- Children’s artwork
- Refrigerator magnets
- College memorabilia
- Sports equipment
- Excess magazines
- Stuffed animals
- Religious accessories
- Personal items
REFRESH AND REPAIR
Refresh your home with new paint or flooring. Avoid interior paint colors that are bright, pastels or primary colors. Make repairs as needed to avoid potential hurdles when trying to sell your home. It is a huge turn-off to potential buyers to think about a list of repairs while touring your home.
- Replace burned out light bulbs
- Replace broken or missing fixtures
- Patch and repair damaged walls
- Check all door handles
- Replace broken parts
- Repair dripping faucets /showerheads
- Repair damaged bath fixtures
- Replace missing/damaged outlet covers
- Replace broken/cracked windowpanes
- Repair broken/cracked moldings and other woodwork
- Inspect/ repair plumbing, heating and cooling systems
- Repair/replace damaged roof shingles, siding and caulking
- Remove/repaint any peeling paint on doors/windows
A clean home is a home that’s been well cared for. Clean all rooms of your home to include: baseboards, counters, toilets, sinks, bathtubs, showers, lamps and light fixtures, windows, window coverings, dust furniture, carpets, floors, doors, cabinets, mirrors and pet areas. Clean everything!