Purchasing a property is most likely the biggest financial decision you will ever make. Whether this is your first purchase or your tenth, this decision must be made carefully. Before you start shopping for your property, it is a good idea to make some preparations. We are happy to recommend experienced, knowledgeable mortgage lenders in the residential, construction, and commercial and investment real estate fields.
A mortgage pre-qualification helps you make an informed decision prior to shopping for a property.
The beneficial reasons for getting prequalified include:
- An estimate of how much you can afford to spend on your property will be provided.
- Determine which loan programs you qualify for.
- Lender has checked your credit and verified your documentation to approve a specific loan amount
- Estimate of down payment and closing costs
Your mortgage lender will advise you of the necessary paperwork. A few of the financial documents to gather include:
- Financial statements
- Bank accounts
- Credit cards
- Auto loans
- Recent pay stubs
- Tax returns for two years
- Copies of leases for investment properties
- 401K statements, life insurance, stocks, bonds, and mutual account information.
Now is not a good time to make sudden career changes or make large purchases. You want to approach your property purchase from a position of financial stability.